The Village of Buckeye Lake staff strive to keep you updated on all matters related to your community. If you do not find the information you need, please contact our office and we will gladly assist you!
Due to inclement weather, the Village of Buckeye Lake Offices are closed today, December 23 all day. Offices are also closed all day on Monday December 26th and will reopen Tuesday December 27 at 9am. In case of emergency, please dial 911.
WARMING CENTER OPENING
When temperatures are consistently at or below freezing:
- If you have pipes that are vulnerable to freezing, turn water off at the source and empty the pipes of residual water.
- Open cabinet doors to expose pipes to warmer room temperatures to help keep them from freezing.
If your pipes freeze:
- Shut off the water immediately. Don't attempt to thaw frozen pipes unless the water is shut off. Freezing can often cause unseen cracks in pipes or joints.
- Apply heat to the frozen pipe by warming the air around it, or by applying heat directly to a pipe. You can use a hair dryer, space heater, or hot water. Be sure not to leave space heaters unattended, and avoid the use of kerosene heaters or open flames.
- Once the pipes have thawed, turn the water back on slowly and check for cracks and leaks.